It’s that time of year when we start firing up the grill. Enjoy that time with these delicious Salmon Kabobs! Salmon is rich with healthy omega-3 fatty acids and a great source of protein.
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds skinless wild salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced into rounds
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 16 bamboo skewers soaked in water for 1 hour to prevent from burning
- Heat the grill on medium heat and spray the grates with oil.
- Mix oregano, sesame seeds, cumin, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Set spice mixture aside.
- Beginning and ending with salmon, thread salmon and folded lemon slices onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers (2 skewers per kabob).
- Spray the fish lightly with oil and season kosher salt and the reserved spice mixture.
- Grill the fish, turning occasionally, until fish is opaque throughout- about 8 to 10 minutes total to cook.
- Once done, you can serve it right off the grill. Enjoy!