4 chicken breast or thighs (you can also use a whole chicken and cut it into pieces)
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (Basil, oregano, parsley, etc.)
1 clove minced garlic
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of pepper
8-10-ounce jar of pitted kalamata olives, drained
8-10-ounce jar of artichoke hearts, drained
1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
½ cup of white wine (can sub chicken broth or tomato sauce for Whole30)
Garnish: Fresh chopped parsley and chopped walnuts
- Pat your chicken dry. Season with the Italian seasoning and minced garlic. Generously season them with salt and pepper.
- Place your chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place the kalamata olives, artichoke hearts and sliced mushrooms.
- Pour the white wine in and set your slow cooker on low for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, remove the chicken and vegetables from the slow cooker and place them in an oven-safe dish or serving dish if not broiling.
- If using chicken with skin: turn your broiler on high and broil for 10 minutes, until the chicken skin is nice and crispy.
- Garnish with parsley and walnuts. Enjoy!
Side Dish suggestions:
Pair with sautéed kale, a spinach salad or roasted broccoli.
Anna LeMay, MS, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)