Nutrition per 1 pepper: 243 calories, 14 grams fat, 10 grams carbohydrate, 21 grams protein.
- 6 medium bell peppers, washed and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- Cut tops off the peppers. Hollow out the inside and discard seeds. Chop half of the tops and set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Add in chopped green peppers from the tops. Cook for about five minutes.
- Add in ground beef and cook until browned.
- Mix in diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and onion powder. Cook for five minutes.
- Stuff beef mixture into each hollowed out green pepper. Top each with 1 tablespoon marinara sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine the remaining marinara sauce with any liquid remaining in the pan used to cook the beef mixture. Pour into an 11×7 baking dish. Place stuffed peppers on top.
- Bake at 375°F degrees for about 20 minutes.
Recipe derived from: https://lowcarbyum.com/low-carb-stuffed-peppers/