This yummy egg recipe is a great fusion of the classic egg bake and caprese salad. It is not only savory, but chock full of protein. It is perfect for a fancy breakfast or quick easy dinner.
151 Calories, 11.38g Fats, 1.68g Net Carbs, and 9.8g Protein. (Per serving)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (300g) cherry tomatoes
- 8 large eggs
- 13 grams fresh basil
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella balls
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Chop the cherry tomatoes into halves or quarters. Fry up in a skillet with the olive oil until the tomatoes have softened somewhat.
- Set the cooked tomatoes and the liquid from the pan aside, so everything can cool.
- Add the eggs to a mixing bowl.
- Chop up the fresh basil and add to the eggs. Add salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs together until the yolks and whites are well combined.
- Pour the eggs into a greased casserole dish. Add the cooked tomatoes.
- Add the fresh mozzarella balls.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the eggs have completely set in the middle of the dish.
Derived from: https://www.ruled.me/caprese-egg-casserole/